BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday, November 25, 2009

High School Vs. College

As I stood up and threw my hat in the air, I realized it was finally over. I had sat in that chair as a student of Holy Child Academy Pagadian City Phil. the same title I had held for the past four years of my life. I stood up from that chair, as a graduate from HCA. The crowd was clapping and cheering. It was a memorable moment for everyone. I might not have personally known each, and everyone of these people, but we all had a long history, and today was probably the last day I was ever going to see them. I started walking towards the gate. I looked down at what was in my hand; it was a small green book (my little scrap book, pictures of my friends). I opened it. The inside held my ticket out of high school, my diploma. In my head I wished I could have handed it back and said “Nah, I’ll stay a few more years.” At the end of my senior year, I learned that life is short, and to not take it for granted.

My freshman and sophomore year went by so fast I don’t even remember much of it. I just remember telling myself that I was going to be here forever. I was a quiet kid. I had long hair,. I had a small group of friends, and I never really did any sports, but extracurricular activities ahm... yes, I am the past Vice President of our Campus but Im a little bit shy girl .. I guess you can say I was your typical nerdy kid. I started playing this game called tamaguchi. This game ruined almost half of my high school career. I would go to school, and I would sleep in all my classes because the night before I was up late playing this game. I never did anything besides play this game. I would rush home and play until I had to go to sleep. This game was more addictive than surfing the net.. Some nights I was up until five in the morning, meaning I would be getting roughly a little less than two hours of sleep if I had to wake up for school the next morning. If I could go back in time, I would go back to the moment where I first looked at that game, and punch myself in the face repeatedly until I swore to myself that I would never buy it.


Highschool was the best four years of my life. I got in a lot
of trouble in thoses years, but also had a blast. Now at ASIAN TOURISM INTERNATIONAL COLLEGE it is so different than high school, and my eyes are being opened
to a whole new world. In you can get away with just about anything.



ATI College is a whole different story.

High school begins at eight o'clock, and ends around 5 pm as.in whole day long writing n our activity sheets. You go to the same seven or eight classes every day. You also see the same people you have grown up with since you were little. You have sports season, school dances, after school activities, clubs, boys, plays, and a ton of homework. Also sitting through assemblies, dress codes,and who could forget getting sent to the office for misbehaving.

College is a whole new step. You go away to an environment all new to you. You have to leave your friends, and set out to make new relationships to last a lifetime. It is an emotional step a lot
of kids are not ready for. You no longer have mom and dad to be at your side to help you through your every problem. You now have to become responsible and rely on yourself, and your new friends. You are introduced to new things such as parties, alcohol, drugs, and sex. You also can decide to take the step of joining the Greek Club and pledging to a sorority or fraternity. Your classes in college are based around whatever you are majoring in so you only attend those classes. You need to really take college seriously because you are building steps to your future, and what you will be doing the rest of your life. You can schedule your classes when they are convenient for you, and you have to live on campus for the first few years. You can go to class when you feel like it, and not have to worry about mom and dad nagging...
..I've just entered my 1st step in college I know that this is a very important year. I have a lot of decisions to make and not much time to make them. These decisions will either make or break my life, and I want to make sure that I make them to the best of my ability because there is no turning back. I need to make sure I definitely want to attend college. The decision is totally up to me. There are many positives and negatives of attending college. Go over them, and then decide. I know myself better then anyone else, and I won't let anyone else tell me what to do. I will make sure if I am going to attend college that I have something in mind that I will want to do, to succeed in. Choosing a major can be a very stressful situation so why not sit down and take some time to do it? Be creative, don't rush, give yourself plenty of time and really think about what interests you in life.!

Missing my High school Friends so much.. :(( High School life is even better than college..

0 comments: